Head of Product Analytics (GameDev, with Russian, Remote)
We are looking a Head of Product Analytics team who will take on the most challenging business-driven research tasks, enhance processes and tools, and foster the growth and drive of the analytics team. We need for someone who is eager to contribute to improving some of the world's most popular casual mobile games.
We have established a team where everyone is part of an extensive community of analysts. As the Head of Product Analytics, you won't be limited to interaction solely with the product director and producers. You'll actively participate in the exchange of ideas and experiences, finding support and insights within a broad circle of top specialists in the field. This role allows for influencing the development of other products and directions. Join us if you are passionate about making a significant impact on the continual enhancement of our games.
This role requires relocation from Russia and Belarus to one of our offices or remote work from other countries (except Russia and Belarus). Find out more here.
Head of Product Analytics will face two significant challenges:
- Make analytics proactive, bringing maximum insights and ideas for product development based on data.
- Make employees productive and happy—developing analysts and reducing entropy around them.
Modern stack (Databricks + PySpark) reusable in other companies. Everything an employee hones while working at Playrix remains relevant and easily monetizable.
- We are not limited in tools; resources are allocated quickly, and the entire AWS is at our disposal
- We collect data through Appsflyer (marketing) and Amplitude (product)
- Raw data is stored in S3, ETL on Airflow, prepared tables and views in Redshift. Data quality, lineage, catalog—Monte Carlo
- Analysts manipulate data with SQL and Python in Jupyter/Databricks notebooks; dashboard prototypes are created in Tableau
- We are developing self-service and analytical products for data consumers, relieving analysts from routine tasks
- Experience in creating and/or leading data-driven projects that resulted in product metric growth. It's crucial that you take ownership of the results. Ideally, you have experience organizing the work of several independent teams to achieve the final outcome
- Excellent knowledge and at least 3 years of hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Passion for analyzing complex problems, a desire to get to the heart of every matter, and the ability to distinguish between tasks that are crucial for the business and those that are merely interesting
- Leadership experience with a data analysis or Data Science team for at least 1 year
- Understanding of applied statistics, experience in data analysis, product, or marketing analytics
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to speak the language of business
- Proactive mindset, entrepreneurial thinking, and the ability to take responsibility for results
- The opportunity to showcase impressive results is significantly higher here compared to many companies. While others struggle for a +0.00001% profit increase, we can undertake projects with double-digit percentages through research and the development of analytical products
- Operating on a truly grand scale, we boast hundreds of millions of players, petabytes of data (all stored from the last 7 years), and marketing constrained by effectiveness, not budget
- Our data-driven approach is ingrained in everything we do. We analyze everything, conduct experiments, and make decisions based on data wherever possible. All conclusions are drawn with a statistical foundation, with analysts setting the standards for decision-making. Even for employees distant from analytics, confidence intervals are not just empty phrases
- Furthermore, we have the ability to swiftly change processes and approaches to more effective ones without lengthy approvals and bureaucracy
- FlexibilityWork from wherever you like (your home, one of our many offices, or a hybrid combination) and whenever you like thanks to our flexible work schedule.
- HealthcareWe reimburse online sessions with a psychologist and offer you and your children healthcare, including dental insurance and treatment for COVID-19.
- Work-life balanceWe offer a generous amount of paid vacation days and sick leave. In special circumstances, additional days off can be requested.
- Professional development and educationWe reimburse participation in relevant conferences and courses, and regularly conduct internal bootcamps. We also provide access to discounted English language courses.
- Entertainment and merchEvery year we hold hundreds of events around the world, including contests, sports challenges, parties, hackathons, and offline events for individual teams.
- FitnessWe support leading a healthy lifestyle and offer reimbursement for gym memberships, or fitness app subscriptions.
- Community involvementWe launch charity projects and support the initiatives of employees through our grant competition.
- Relocation packageWe help employees, their families, and their pets with relocation, and also arrange concierge and real estate agency services. Find out more here.