Director, Product Design (New York)
Как зарабатывать больше?
Расскажем в наших карьерных консультациях
About the job:
We’re looking for a Director, Product Design to join our global Hospitality product design team. In this role, you will ensure your product design team delivers user experiences that hospitality businesses will find useful and love to use across their restaurant, while growing the team in their professional competence. You will also be responsible for researching, designing and prototyping user experiences for your own product stream.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading Lightspeed Hospitality’s outstanding distributed design team, across geographies and cultures, reporting directly to the VP of Product
- Evangelizing design and our design process to the wider Product and Technology team
- Leveraging each of our talented Hospitality senior designer’s domain knowledge to cross-train multiple people on the design team and eliminate “single points of failure”
- Enabling junior designers to join our Design team with a repeatable and consistent onboarding and mentorship program, using senior designers as mentors
- Collaborating on the definition of how we will evaluate designer performance and progression through individual contributor and managerial promotional career tracks across the Lightspeed organization
- Increasing our focus on a culture of innovation on the Design team and shining a light on great ideas, even if they aren’t our own
- Interacting as an equal party to senior leaders in Product and Engineering to help us build products that customers love (and will pay for)
- Owning the Hospitality Design system and ensure its growth and maintenance in partnership in Engineering
- Empowering designers to work individually or in pairs on highly autonomous teams (“squads”) within the hospitality product organization
- Working with products that you can experience in the real world and seeing the real impact of your work! Nearly everyone on earth goes to restaurants and our products help restaurants succeed
What you need to bring:
- Experience and evidence of design management over multiple years
- Experience with design systems and an strongly held opinions on best practices
- A passion for creating successful individuals and teams
- A deep understanding of software development and implementation of design in practice
- The ability to understand our strategic product and business objectives and translate them into execution for the Hospitality design organization - you’re innately interested in the business rationale and the product thinking
- An obsession with enabling effective communication and collaboration asynchronously - you’re always taking proactive steps to help your team stay in sync and engaged with each other.
- The ability to reinforce the respect and trust amongst our teams and empower design managers to focus on making individual contributors successful and supported - you place a high value on integrity, open communication and candid constructive feedback
- A respect for Content Design and the ability to evangelize its value in addition to UX and visual design
- The ability to tell the story of why “Design” is critical to the success of our products and business. You’ll have great support from our Product and Engineering teams but you're the chief evangelist for Design, and you understand that not everyone knows what design “is”
- A desire to proactively manage the team and understand each individual’s journey and needs
- A willingness to find and hire designers wherever they may live on earth, and a strong desire to drive the hiring process forward for each unfilled seat.
What’s in it for you?
- We reasonably expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $190,000 USD - $225,000 USD, depending on the candidate’s location.
- The opportunity to build a strong and layered team of talented people from intern to senior contributors and managers
- The opportunity to shape the practices and inspire an existing team of eleven in their everyday activities
- The opportunity to hire and grow the team beyond its current headcount as our business continues to grow
- The opportunity to define, in close collaboration with product and engineering leadership, the vision of our product experience for restaurateurs and hospitality businesses of all kinds
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy & healthy:
- Lightspeed RSU program (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Possibility for transit fees to be covered
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Volunteer day