National Park Service
Плотник в Национальный парк (Америка)
3 400 - 5 000 $
Как зарабатывать больше?
Расскажем в наших карьерных консультациях
National Park Service - служба, которая помогает национальным паркам и общинам по всей Америке сохранять и защищать их природное наследие.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver's license is required.
- You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record.
- You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- You will be required to complete a one-year trial period.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 24 nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- Government Charge Card: You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16 years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b) Have completed a formal vocational training program; or(c) Have received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their preference for employment rather than continuing their education; or (d) Be currently enrolled in a secondary school and either work only during school vacation periods or work part-time during the school year under a formal student employment program.
- To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge and ability in the following job-related factors:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (SCREEN OUT)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Measurement and Layout
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Materials
- If your knowledge and ability in the SCREEN OUT factor above is not sufficient, you will receive no further consideration. In preparing your application, describe in detail the experience and training which you have had that specifically prepared you for this job and to perform the duties described for this job.
- Experience should be clearly described and documented in your resume. The qualifications reviewer will not assume performance of such duties by Job Titles alone.
- Address your knowledge, skills and/or abilities in the areas shown in the job-related factors.
- Volunteer Experience:
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
- Salary: $21.25 - $31.09 per hour
- This is a term position (more than 1 year) with an initial appointment expecting to last at least 13 months but may be extended up to a total of ten years, or more based on any changes to regulations governing the number of years term appointments may last, without further competition. Term positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
- Physical Demands:
- Incumbent works in woodshops, other buildings, and at construction and repair sites.
- Climbs on ladders and scaffolds.
- Carry objects up to 40 pounds and occasionally lifts or moves items with the assistance of lifting devices or other workers.
- Required to stand for extended periods while operating machines such as bench planers, saws, and drill presses.
- Working Conditions:
- Incumbent works both inside and outside.
- Some work is performed in shop areas where worker is exposed to moderate to high noise levels and sawdust in the air, glue fumes, and hazards associated with woodworking and related power equipment.
- When working at job sites, may also be exposed to hazards associated while working on scaffolds or ladders or weather conditions when completing projects outdoors.
- The National Park Service has determined that the duties of this position are NOT suitable for telework.
- To directly respond to a job through Linkedin, you need a VPN
Поможем найти работу за 3 месяца
71% наших клиентов находят работу с нами за 3 месяца. Среднее время поиска — 57 дней.