Senior Backend Engineer (Nigeria)
2 900 - 4 600 $
Как зарабатывать больше?
Расскажем в наших карьерных консультациях
- Nomba provides Banking and payment to 200k+ small business in Nigeria through point of sales solutions.
About the role
- Nomba software engineers build solutions that will forever change the face of finance and banking in Africa by bringing affordable banking services to the doorstep of people across the continent.
- We’re looking for engineers that can bring fresh ideas and experience to the table from all areas of expertise including distributed system design, mobile development, systems architecture, networking, security and more.
- As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for all levels of our vast technology stack from design to deployment; developing intelligent and resilient mission-critical systems which handle hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions monthly.
- You will also be responsible for significant architectural decisions, guiding the rest of the team technically and using all of the tools at your disposal along with your initiative to get stuff done.
- Excellent programming skills.
- At least 5 years experience developing in Java (Springboot or Dropwizard frameworks) & NodeJS in the industry.
- At least 5 years experience developing with MongoDB or MySQL.
- Strong affinity for technical design, testing and system architecture.
- Experience working with containers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong System Architecture Design skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental computing topics, e.g. networking, databases, concurrency, parallelism, locking, algorithms, data structures, performance monitoring, optimisation, etc.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practises, e.g DDD, TDD.
- Ability to work autonomously and lead technically.
- Ability to take initiative and get stuff done.
- Great communication skills.
- Architect, design and develop mobile products.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing mobile services.
- Manage Junior Engineers, providing mentoring, code reviews, architectural design etc..
- Perform performance review on direct reports and report details to line manager.
- Take full responsibility for products while they are in development and issues that arise when they are in use.
- You will work across different technology stacks and languages (mainly with a focus on Java and NodeJS).
- You will have an end to end responsibility of many services from design to deployment.
- You will join fast-paced team of engineers.
- You will be a point of call for technical matters.
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Rust or Python.
- Experience working in financial services.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & oral.
- Approachable - easily approachable for others to discuss challenges with you.
Поможем найти работу за 3 месяца
71% наших клиентов находят работу с нами за 3 месяца. Среднее время поиска — 57 дней.