The Royal Household
IT Operations Manager (Buckingham Palace)
от 5,700 €
Как зарабатывать больше?
Расскажем в наших карьерных консультациях
- With the Royal Household, everyday jobs become exceptional. This is because, whatever their role and whichever department they’re in, our people are part of something remarkable. They provide invaluable support to The Royal Family, enabling them to fulfil their duties and serve the nation. And, working in magnificent and historic surroundings, they’re inspired to deliver to a higher standard.
About the job
- It’s securing our systems for the future.
- It’s leading the IT Operations function to deliver the exceptional. And it's providing the insight and support that takes the whole Household forward. This is what makes a career for the Royal Household so different.
- Our IT Operations team deliver a professional and high-quality service that supports the diverse strategic and operational priorities of the Royal Household, for over 1500 users across multiple locations.
- Reporting to the Head of Technology you’ll lead a small team of experts who maintain and support our extensive variety of IT systems.
- Guiding the team, you'll ensure best practice and effective working are at the very heart of their activities.
- You’ll plan, prioritise and oversee the work of the team, ensuring that the systems across the network continue to support the organisation’s operational needs.
- You’ll collaborate heavily with the IT Service Desk, with your team placed as the technical point of escalation for incidents, as well as helping to develop robust standard operating procedures.
- A key part of your role will be keeping our IT systems secure, working in partnership with our Cyber and Information Security Team.
- You’ll lead our Incident Management processes and effectively plan and prioritise system changes to minimise disruption whilst meeting user needs.
- Through strong partnership with our Projects and Architecture teams, you’ll ensure Service Transition takes place to improve incident management and team knowledge.
- What’s more, you’ll play an active role in supporting our future strategy. You’ll identify opportunities for improvements, constantly looking at ways to improve our processes and systems.
- The deadlines will be demanding, and the standards expected of you will be high. Yet you'll motivate those around you to deliver ongoing, exceptional delivery.
- With significant experience in a similar role, with at least some of your career spent in a leadership position, you’ll have a great deal of exposure to a wide range of IT operations and systems as well as Microsoft products and be keen to apply your expertise in a busy and complex environment.
- You may have acquired ITIL qualifications but what’s more important is that you’ll also have experience overseeing changes required from multiple projects, balancing strategic priorities alongside busy daily operations.
- Logical, analytical and methodical, you’ll be confident prioritising your own and your team's workload effectively to meet strict deadlines, and hold our contractors to account too, remaining level headed and accurate in a busy environment.
- What's more, you're as good with people as you are with technology, and you’ll be able to communicate complex information to customers with varying levels of technical understanding.
- With sound judgement and decision-making, you'll be able to influence and advise at all levels, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Beyond this, it’s vital that you’re an exceptional people manager, with a genuine interest in motivating and leading a team, whilst also progressing their professional development.
- And with a customer focus in all that you do, and, you'll be eager to work alongside your team in order to deliver exceptional support.
- Location: Buckingham Palace.
- Contract/recruitment type: Permanent.
- Starting salary: c. £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience plus benefits.
- Hours of work: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday.
Поможем найти работу за 3 месяца
71% наших клиентов находят работу с нами за 3 месяца. Среднее время поиска — 57 дней.