About the role
- We’re looking for a Backend Engineering Intern to sit within our Wealth & Trading team at our offices based in Moscow, Russia but you can also work remotely from anywhere in Russia.
- We’ve hired some of the most talented engineers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
- You will receive hands-on training from the team and develop your skills in building, deploying and maintaining critical services at the very core of Revolut.
What you'll be doing
- The work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems.
- Projects will include working on trading algorithms, real-time risk management and market data used within the Wealth & Trading team.
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 11 on the backend.
- There is an opportunity to introduce Kotlin for new components.
- We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- Perform self-defined tasks geared towards your personal and professional development
What you’ll need
- Fluency with Java or Kotlin
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar preferred but not required
- Previous experience in back-end development desirable
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Flexible working hours